How does Acupuncture in Huntington Beach work? Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that involves inserting and stimulating needles at specific points on the body. It’s not something you can go to your local pharmacy and buy, so if you’re interested in trying it out, you need to find someone who has been trained as an acupuncturist. You might ask yourself: “What does this have to do with my health?” Well, let me tell you! Many benefits from acupuncture include pain relief, stress reduction, and even weight loss.
Chinese medicine and Acupuncture Huntington Beach have been around for centuries. Chinese believe that the body is made up of energy, called Qi (pronounced “chi”), that flows through channels in your body known as meridians. When the flow of Chi becomes blocked or unbalanced, it can lead to illness – such as pain, fatigue, and headaches. Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medical technique where thin needles are inserted into various points on your skin at specific times. This treatment helps release tension from these meridians and regulate the flow of Chi in your body, so you feel relief from discomfort and aches. There’s no need for this treatment to be painful; most people describe it as feeling like a quick pinch or tingling sensation when the needle touches their skin.
Acupuncture has been used for over 3,000 years to reduce pain and prevent illness. It’s based on the theory that our bodies contain two primary energies: Yin and Yang; these are considered opposite forces that create balance. Disease or discomfort occurs when too much or too little of one force. Acupuncture restores balance by stimulating specific points along twelve primary meridians, also known as energy pathways.
There are many different styles of acupuncture – some may focus more on pain relief while others may focus more on emotional issues. Here are some of the most common types of acupuncture:
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture: The most common style of acupuncture for mild to moderate conditions. It is recommended for allergies, migraines, PMS, insomnia, and stress/anxiety conditions. This treatment can be done with or without needles.
- Japanese Acupuncture: A more gentle form used to treat children, the elderly, and those with chronic pain. The focus is on stimulating
- Korean Acupuncture: A style that uses more needles and is more stimulating than traditional Chinese acupuncture. It is used to treat chronic pain, infertility, and other health issues.
- Five Element Acupuncture: A style that combines acupuncture and herbs to treat the whole person rather than individual symptoms. Western Acupuncture: A kind of acupuncture that uses more needles and is usually used to treat pain.
- Auricular Acupuncture: An acupuncture style that places needles in specific points on the ear for pain relief.
- Empty Force Acupuncture: It is an acupuncture style that uses no needles or tiny, thin needles to stimulate the body’s energy flow. It is often used to treat addiction and substance abuse problems without triggering withdrawal symptoms.
There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence that acupuncture helps relieve pain and discomfort, but what does the research say? A review of 25 studies found that acupuncture effectively treated chronic pain conditions such as back pain, neck pain, and osteoarthritis. It was also found to help reduce migraine frequency and severity.
Another study looked at the use of acupuncture for infertility treatment. The study found that acupuncture was more effective than standard fertility treatments alone, and it improved pregnancy rates by 54%.
Acupuncture is a powerful tool that can help your body in many ways. If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort, give it a try; you may be surprised at how well it works!