Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure in which the excess fats from under the skin are removed by suction. However, you might face certain complications like swelling, the formation of lumps, or skin irregularities after undergoing this procedure. Consulting a physiotherapist is one of the most effective ways to counter these conditions physiotherapist Adelaide.
If you are going ahead with a liposuction procedure, make sure that you are getting the best experts to do the job for you. Look for certain years of experience and success rates in their liposuction procedures. You also need to consider the clinic or medical institution where the liposuction would be done. You can rest assured that if you do liposuction in singapore, you will get guaranteed results.
An experienced physiotherapist Adelaide can help you with it by suggesting ways to smoothen and flatten these irregularities in the affected areas of your body. The techniques used by physiotherapists are generally non-invasive and painless. Here are some of the few ways in which a physiotherapist can help you enjoy the benefits of a liposuction procedure:
- Recommendation To Wear Compression Garments: Liposuction involves creating tunnels to suction out the fat from under the skin. Compression garments can help collapse these openings to prevent infections while maintaining pressure on the area. This is a great way to keep the skin flat to help it recover naturally.
- Shockwave Therapy: It is a non-invasive, easy, and local therapy carried out after liposuction. It involves the delivery of short pulses of electricity in the affected region, which helps to smoothen the skin. The shockwave is only applied for a short period, improving the blood circulation and lymphatic flow in the region. It is completely safe and is recommended by most physiotherapists.
- Manual Massages: Most physiotherapists recommend MLD or lymphatic drainage massage after liposuction surgery. This prevents the operated area from developing lumps or scars and stops the area from swelling. It stimulates the flow of blood and reduces the chance of infections and post-surgical pain. Myofascial release or MFR is a similar technique that can help reduce swelling and pain.
- Lightweight Exercises: Right after liposuction surgery, at least 24 hours is recommended. After that, the patient can consider doing light exercise like walking, light exercises or gentle body movements. According to physiotherapists at Ducker Physio, it helps to improve blood circulation and, as a result, speeds up the healing process. This also helps to prevent blood clotting in the legs, which can often be fatal after liposuction surgery. You should wait for at least 3 weeks before switching to more intense exercises.
- Strengthening Exercises: It is usually recommended only after two weeks post-surgery. These exercises help strengthen the muscles around the operated area, which helps the body regain shape and mobility. However, these exercises might have side effects, and in the case of any kind of swelling, drainage, or pain, the physiotherapist must be immediately notified to prevent any complications.
Physiotherapy is one of the best ways to get the best out of your liposuction surgery. Experienced physiotherapists from Ducker Physio can advise you on how to prevent pain, swelling, and deformation of the skin around the operated area after surgery.
These usually involve simple procedures or exercises which are very easily carried out. In the case of any discomfort or pain around the area, you must remember to inform your physiotherapist to prevent any complications immediately.