You have the right to hire a reputable traffic or truck lawyer to represent you in court. In the case of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, the other party is always responsible for the traffic attorney’s fees. So, why not forsake professional assistance and do the procedure yourself?
Did you know,
- Remember that you have the option of having your accident repaired in any workshop you want?
- that you have complete control over whether or not you want the harm repaired?
- Remember that you have the option of using a rented car or truck during the repair or claiming reimbursement for lost time?
- that the person who caused the accident is always liable for the cost of the repairs?
- that you may have it repaired even if it’s a total write-off if the work is done competently and in line with the report’s scope, and the expenditures aren’t more than 30% of the vehicle’s pre-accident value?
- Considering that you may hire your own expert instead of relying on the insurer’s damage assessment?
YOUR RIGHT TO A FREE CHOICE OF WORKSHOP
You have the free choice to have your vehicle repaired in a workshop of your choice. This guarantees perfect repairs. Many insurers will try to refer you to another workshop that the insurer works with and dictates prices to the workshop. However, there is no right to do so. Your car or truck accident attorney will also inform the insurer of this.
You can rent a car or truck while the repair is being carried out. If you rent a lower class vehicle, the costs will be covered in full. If you do not need a rental vehicle, your traffic attorney can obtain compensation for loss of use for the duration of the repair.
TO REPAIR OR NOT? YOU HAVE THE CHOICE.
In principle, nobody can tell you whether or where you want to have repairs done. You are therefore also free to settle the damage on the basis of an expert opinion (“fictitious damage calculation”). In this case, the insurer has to reimburse you for the repair costs plus any depreciation. He can only reduce the sales tax because this is only to be reimbursed if it is actually incurred.
This is different only in the event of a total write-off, i.e., if the repair costs including VAT plus any depreciation in value exceed the value of your vehicle before the accident (“replacement value”). In this case, too, you can have your vehicle repaired if the gross repair costs plus any depreciation are not 30% above the gross replacement value.
It is also up to you what you want to do with the damaged vehicle, after all, it is your vehicle. Here, too, no insurer can give you guidelines. You can keep or sell your vehicle and can rely on the residual value determined by your expert. The insurer cannot refer you to a higher residual value if you have sold your vehicle at the residual value determined by the expert.
In particular, in the case of a fictitious claim settlement, the involvement of a traffic lawyer is necessary. Experience has shown that insurers reduce the damage items, especially in the event of fictitious settlement.
KANSAS CITY TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY: YOUR CLAIMS IN THE EVENT OF INJURY
Have you been injured in a traffic accident? Have you got hit by a truck? Then you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, compensation for your loss of earnings or loss of income and compensation for medical treatment costs, unless these are covered by health insurance. Because the obligation of the person who caused the accident to pay is not necessarily limited to the catalog of services provided by the statutory health insurance.
If you are injured in the long term as a result of the accident, the person who caused the accident must also reimburse you for the so-called housekeeping damage, i.e., the damage you incur because the accident prevents you from running your household as usual.
ACCIDENT CLAIMS SETTLEMENT – ALWAYS BETTER WITH A TRAFFIC ATTORNEY
How quickly can you get into an accident? In this case, the person who caused the accident must also pay for the damage. That sounds logical – unfortunately it is often not easy to get your rights and thus your money.
ACCIDENT CLAIMS SETTLEMENT – WHAT EXACTLY IS IT?
Claims settlement is basically the handling of an accident after an accident. It is used to receive compensation from the opponent. As the injured party, you are initially obliged to prove the damage. You should therefore be particularly thorough when recording an accident, because experience shows that insurers do everything in their power to reduce benefits to a minimum. And this despite the fact that case law provides that you must not be in a worse financial position after the accident than you were before the accident. For more information about car or Kansas City truck accident lawyer, click here.
What you should definitely do after an accident:
- Collect evidence immediately after the accident (photos, information exchange).
- Draw up a joint accident report and have the accident cause confirmed in writing by the person who caused the accident.
- Have an expert determine the amount of damage?
- Hire a car, motorcycle, or truck accident lawyer, he will take care of the claims settlement
The person who caused the accident must also bear the costs of your traffic lawyer. The traffic attorney relieves you of the hassle and work of dealing with accidents. So there is no reason not to hire a traffic attorney. Even in the event that you are partially to blame for the accident, the other party has to pay part of the costs of your lawyer.
WHAT YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AFTER AN ACCIDENT:
- To be reimbursed are the necessary repair costs or, in the case of a total loss, the value of the vehicle before the accident.
- Compensation for the depreciation that your car suffers despite properly carried out repairs.
- The cost of a rental car or loss of use compensation if you are not renting a car.
- Compensation for pain and suffering in the event of an accident-related injury.
WHEN YOU ARE ENTITLED TO COMPENSATION FOR PAIN AND SUFFERING.
If you were injured as a result of the accident, the person who caused the accident must also pay you compensation for pain and suffering.